National Diploma: Productivity NQF5
This qualification aims to equip people in management, or those intending to enter this field, across all economic sectors with core productivity competencies required to improve service delivery, profitability, competitiveness and growth of organisations.
Implementation guidelines will be given.
Certain elements will be assessed through RPL.
Learners will work at their own pace, and ODI will do on-site visits, as opposed to classroom training.
132 Credits were achieved in the Certificate, a further 113 will be achieved in the Diploma = Total of 245 Credits.
6 to 12 months.
Entry Level Requirements
Completed the NQF5 Productivity Certificate: ID49793
It is assumed that learners accessing this qualification will be competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 4.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4.
- End user computer skills in a business environment at NQF Level 3.
- Business Economics at NQF level 3.
This qualification is open to learners in possession of a FETC, and who have at least five years’ work experience in any sector of the economy. Exposure to productivity is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Learners embarking on the Diploma programme would have done an overall benchmarking during the Productivity Certificate. This was done to indicate improvements made, and targets were set for future dates.
In order to achieve the Productivity Diploma, learners are now expected to further strengthen the organisation’s journey of Continuous Improvement. The final project, done at the end of the Productivity Certificate, will serve as a starting point for the Diploma.
The Diploma will be done as a practical on-site programme, following all the principles of the framework learnt.
The programme must be completed in three phases:
- Develop a holistic project plan to improve productivity in your organisation.
- Communicate this plan in a manner that involves all relevant stakeholders.
- Clearly indicate what your change management strategy and plan is.
- Implement your project plan.
- Include measures relating to all aspects of productivity within your organisation.
- Clearly manage and monitor all information related to your implementation.
Final Interactive Assessment
- Presentation to all relevant stakeholders.