ODI Service Offering Overview
Our Core Services
To the Company
- Tax rebates on registered learnerships.
- Learnership grants from SETA’s.
- Measurable improvements in the strength of first-line management.
- Competent management at all levels.
- Integrated approach to learning.
- Immediate application of learning in the workplace.
- Increased teamwork.
- Results in terms of quality, cost, delivery, safety, and morale.
To the Learners
- Nationally recognised qualification.
- Increased self-esteem and confidence.
- Training that is relevant to their work.
- Flexible structure.
- Transferable, portable qualification.
- Constructive feedback and assessment.
- Life-long learning.
Benefits and Related Services
ODI closely follows the progress made by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO). Workshops are regularly attended. ODI also participated in the development of selected qualifications.
The Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) is a quality council established in 2010 in terms of the Skills Development Act No. 97 of 1998. Its role is to oversee the design, implementation, assessment, and certification of occupational qualifications, including trades, on the Occupational Qualifications Sub-Framework (OQSF).
The QCTO also offers guidance to skills development providers, who must be accredited by the QCTO to offer occupational qualifications.
Should you require a more in-depth assessment of your potential candidates, in addition to standard interviews and history of the person’s experience and performance, psychometric assessments should be done.
Psychometric assessments will provide you with:
- Psychometrical and competency assessments, with standardised perspectives on the individual.
- A reliable and valid measure of a person’s potential and attributes.
- A more accurate prediction of job performance, and development potential.
- An objective assessment, which is more likely to be fairer than subjective methods.
A good assessment methodology can support your organisation and the individual in:
- Succession planning, and organisational structuring.
- Recruitment and selection processes.
- Personal growth, and career development.
- Identification and development of potential and talent.
- Highlighting prevailing team dynamics.
All proposals for psychometric assessments are done in association with our assessment partners.
Critical Success Factors
- Successful selection of learners.
- Develop an understanding, and long-term commitment from top management.
- Involve all relevant stakeholders.
- Build trust and good relationships.
- Ensure practical and effective learning and coaching.
- Follow up, and create opportunities to share learning.
- Recognise progress, and celebrate successes.
Roles and responsibilities
- To attend training and coaching sessions.
- To produce evidence of competence.
- A learner can be competent, or not yet competent, and will get an opportunity to be reassessed if NYC.
- To produce valid, authentic, current, and sufficient evidence.
- To register learners on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD).
- To provide accredited training towards the unit standards within a qualification, and to assess against the qualification’s exit level outcomes requirements.
- To assess learner evidence, and to make a judgement.
- To certify learners.
- To make available the required resources for learners required to complete the learnership successfully.
- To be involved in learner progress tracking.
- To ensure that leadership act as coaches for the learners, and be willing to help collect evidence of a learner’s ability.