Wispeco in a nutshell
- Largest manufacturer of aluminium extrusions in Africa, with its own melting and casting facility, nine extrusion presses, international quality certified surface finishing plants (powder coating and anodising).
- Market leader in architectural systems development and innovation.
- Wholly owned subsidiary of Remgro Ltd with ±1000 employees.
- Registered training provider offering fabrication training to customers, the previously disadvantaged youth, and deaf learners.
- Thirty official distributors in Southern Africa.
- Ecospecifier Green Rating on Wispeco aluminium profiles due to the extensive recycling of post-consumer and industrial aluminium waste.
- BBBEE level 4 offering 100% for procurement spent.
Wispeco strongly believes in an informed and equipped team and enrolled members of staff to obtain a national qualification with ODI.
- NQF 2 National Certificate in Production Technology, click here.
- NQF 3 in General Management, click here.
- NQF 4 Process Manufacturing, click here.
A great sense of achievement was felt all around as learners attended a recent awards ceremony in Cape Town.
Nico Kapank (NQF 2), Carlo Kuyer (NQF 3) & Waleed (NQF 4) represented their respective groups, thanking Wispeco & ODI for the opportunity.
“To Huibie and Joan, no words can describe how I feel as I’m looking forward to the future now… Thanks to Cisco for all the support and most of all, thanks to my classmates for helping me achieve this goal. I wish everyone the best for the future!”
“I’m extremely honored to be receiving such an important award. I am honestly grateful for the recognition I have received for my work, because I am positive that every other learner in the class of 2019 NQF 3 feels the same way for this achievement.
We have faced several challenges on our way here but each one of them has helped strengthen us to make us the people we are today, a thorough professional who now exactly knows what they want, people who set their eyes on a goal and does not lose sight of it unless it is achieved . By finishing this qualification or course, it would not have been possible without the motivation we received from our moderators Cisco, Joan and especially Huibie , for whom I have the highest respect for. I sincerely thank each and every one of you for helping us reach a stage where we can proudly hold up this qualification as tick on our list of achievements. I thank you.”
To read more about obtaining a national certificate with ODI, click here.