Some interesting facts about Wispeco Aluminium:
- Largest manufacturer of aluminium extrusions in Africa, with its own melting and casting facility, nine extrusion presses, international quality certified surface finishing plants (powder coating and anodising).
- Market leader in architectural systems development and innovation.
- Wholly owned subsidiary of Remgro Ltd with ±1000 employees.
- Registered training provider offering fabrication training to customers, the previously disadvantaged youth, and deaf learners.
- Thirty official distributors in Southern Africa.
- Ecospecifier Green Rating on Wispeco aluminium profiles due to the extensive recycling of post-consumer and industrial aluminium waste.
- BBBEE level 4 offering 100% for procurement spent.
Recently, George Meiring facilitated a group of Wispeco learners completing their NQF2 National Certificate in Production Technology learnership.
To read more about ODI’s National Qualifications and Skills Programmes, click here.
To read more about Esbe du Toit’s (Organisational Improvement Manager at Wispeco Aluminium) topic of discussion at our recent ODI Conference, click here.