Building Block towards Certificate ID83946
The aim of this Module is to provide you with a basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS, how it affects the workplace, and what can be done to ensure a safer working environment, with people who care.
HIV/AIDS is a disease that has spread very rapidly, with a disastrous effect on the world, particularly in Africa, where it is seen as being a pandemic. In other words, it is “an unusually widespread epidemic, affecting large numbers of people”.
Unfortunately, South Africa has not managed to escape the ravages caused by the virus.
During this workshop, learners will gain knowledge on the following topics:
- HIV/AIDS and its effects on the human immune system.
- How HIV/AIDS is transmitted.
- The importance of the HIV antibodies test.
- How to live with HIV/AIDS.
- What behaviour is safe, and what behaviour carries the risk of HIV transmission.
- What guidelines and assistance are available to support workers with HIV/AIDS, and how to recognise your own role in creating a caring working environment.
- The implications of the HIV/AIDS pandemic for society, the economy, a business sub-sector, an organisation, and a specific workplace.