Building Block towards Certificate ID58785
The aim of quality assurance is to get people to do their work right, the first time that they do it. It is simply call, “first time right”. Sometimes, processes cannot give the quality that is expected of them. Instead of accepting this, ways must be found to improve such processes. At other times, poor quality is received from supplier teams. Again, instead of accepting this, requirements must be communicated, and supplier teams must be assisted to deliver this quality.
In this programme, important lessons are learnt about quality. Many useful tools are covered, that will help to create a workplace that understands and delivers quality; FIRST TIME RIGHT.
The following areas are covered in terms of how to assure and improve quality:
- Treat the next process as your customer.
- Develop your suppliers and contractors, so that they can deliver good quality products, and a good services to you. The better they can be, the better you can perform!
- How to build quality into processes.
- Use standard operating procedures.
- Use the CAPDo (Check, Analyse, Plan, Do) cycle.
- Use poka-yoke devices.
- Use the seven quality control tools.